* Advance estimates of retail and food services sales for May were down 0.2% from April, but were up 5.3% from May 2011.
* Total manufacturing and trade sales for April increased 0.2%, while inventories increased 0.4%.
* Total Industrial production decreased 0.1% in May, following a 1.0% increase in the previous month.
* The federal government budget ran a deficit of $124.6 billion in May, after a surplus of $59.1 billion in the previous month.
* Domestic non-financial debt rose at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.7% in the first quarter of 2012, following an increase of 4.9% in the previous quarter.
* The current account deficit increased to $137.3 billion in the first quarter of 2012, from $118.7 billion in the previous quarter.
* Treasury International Capital reported net foreign purchases of long-term securities of $26.1 billion in April, compared with net purchases of $21.9 billion in the previous month.
* The import price index decreased 1.0% in May, while the export price index decreased 0.4%.
* The producer price index (headline index) for finished goods decreased 1.0% in May, while the core index increased 0.2%. The producer price index for finished goods increased 0.7% from May 2011 to May 2012.
* The consumer price index decreased 0.3% in May, while the core index increased 0.2%. The consumer price index increased 1.7% for the 12-month period ending in May, while the core index rose 2.3%.
* The 30-year fixed mortgage rate averaged 3.71% for the week ending June 14, up from last week when it averaged 3.67%. .
* The advance figure for initial claims for unemployment insurance increased 6 thousand to 386 thousand in the week ending June 9.
* The June Empire State Manufacturing Survey indicated that manufacturing activity in New York State expanded slightly over the month.
* The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan Index of Consumer Sentiment, preliminary, declined in June to the lowest level this year.